- Monday, 15 August 2016
Officials from Amoud University led by Prof. Suleiman Ahmed Gulaid, the President of Amoud University on Sunday August 14th, 2016 hosted a delegation from Association of Arab Universities (AARUs) led by Dr. Sultan Abu Orabi Al Edwan, the General Secretary of AARUs, along with Prof. Maher Saleem, the President of Middle East University (MEU) in Jordan and Mr. Wihib who is the administrator of external relations at the Middle East University (MEU).
For a video showing this event please visit youtube via the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MINNyqfzEaY
The delegation also included Dr. Ali Sh. Ahmed, President of Mogadishu University in Somalia and the Somaliland Ministry of Higher Education was represented by Dr. Yusuf Ali Ardo, the Director General Somaliland Ministry of Higher Education who as a co-host for the visiting team and a crucial stakeholder in all Somaliland University Education progress. AARUs representatives and Amoud Officials agreed on several terms and conditions of mutual benefit including university development and other academic aspects between Amoud University and Association of Arab Universities, commonly refered to as AARUs.
The visit conducted on Sunday by AARUs team was a culmination of intense verification, validation and approval process which has been conducted since the year 2015 todate, as part of mandatory rigorous vetting requirements by the AARUs quality assurance unit before any university is admitted into the association.
The following information has been lifted directly from the official website of Association of Arab Universities (AARUs) http://www.aaru.edu.jo/en/english/Pages/Brief.aspx
About The Association of Arab Universities (AARUs)
The Association of Arab Universities is a non-governmental organization that has an independent legal character. Its membership includes 280 Arab Universities at the present time. AARU's was established in 1964 upon a resolution issued by the Arab League. A temporary Secretariat General was formed in Cairo, Egypt. In 1969, permanent Secretariat General was designated. Its permanent headquarters has been in Amman since 1984, the capital of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
What is the Mission of AARU?
The mission of AARU aims at "Assisting and coordinating the efforts of Arab Universities to prepare capable graduates who can serve their Arab communities and preserve its unified culture and civilization, as well as to assist in developing its natural resources."
What are AARU’s Goals?
The Association seeks to achieve the following goals:
- Working to make Arab universities remain faithful and committed to the values inherent in the faith of Islam and its noble message, and to give due attention to the Arab and Islamic heritage.
- Striving to make Arabic language the medium of instruction at Arab universities, and paying attention to other vital languages, as well as unifying scientific terms and translation in general.
- Enhancing cooperation amongst Arab universities and institutes of higher education and coordinating their efforts with a view to realize the Arab national goals.
- Cooperating with counterpart associations and institutions to raise the level of higher education, to promote joint research projects, and to exchange results thereof.
- Enhancing cooperation between Arab and Islamic universities on the one hand, and other universities worldwide, on the other.
- Coordinating efforts amongst Arab universities at international assemblies and conferences.
- Supporting and encouraging mutual students’ activities amongst Arab universities.
- Paving the way for cooperation amongst Arab universities in terms of teaching methods and facilities including libraries, laboratories and other relevant issues as well.
- Cooperating to promote quality assurance and accreditation in the Arab Universities
- Most read